I will protect your pensions. Nothing about your pension is going to change when I am governor. - Chris Christie, "An Open Letter to the Teachers of NJ" October, 2009

Saturday, October 30, 2010

The World's Worst Drinking Game

I was just looking back on some of my recent rants about Chris Christie, and it dawns on me that he LOVES to talk about 5% raises for teachers (even though that is a lie), and he LOVES to talk about "full medical, vision, and dental" benefits for teachers (even though that is just plain stupid)...

... but he NEVER mentions the median salary of a NJ Teacher: $57,467. Does he think that maybe people will hear that and say, "You know, that's not really a lot for someone with a college degree"?

I propose a new drinking game: every time Chris Christie mentions the median teacher salary, take a shot.

I promise, you'll stay sober as a judge.

No comments: