I will protect your pensions. Nothing about your pension is going to change when I am governor. - Chris Christie, "An Open Letter to the Teachers of NJ" October, 2009

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Wheel of Nonsense

Pat Sajak is weighing in on policy. Well, he's no less qualified than Reagan was...
In what appears to be his first post, Sajak pointed out today that no one in his family, or even his "kids' teachers or the guys who rotate my tires" is allowed to appear on his show, because there is at least the appearance of a conflict of interest. "In nearly all private and public endeavors," he continues, "there are occasions in which it's only fair and correct that a person or group be barred from participating because that party could directly and unevenly benefit from decisions made and policies adopted."
So, he asks, what about those state employees who have a greater stake in a vote's outcome than the rest of us?
"I'm not suggesting that public employees should be denied the right to vote, but that there are certain cases in which their stake in the matter may be too great," Sajak writes.
Gotta give Christie and his cohort their due: they're turning public workers into MexicanMuslimterrorwelfarequeenlesbians faster than I ever thought possible. Even a guy who spins a wheel for a living is sold.

But, hey, wasn't the original Tea Party all about "taxation without representation"? If I don't get to vote on school budgets, seems to me I shouldn't have to pay school taxes.

I can live with that deal.

No comments: