I will protect your pensions. Nothing about your pension is going to change when I am governor. - Chris Christie, "An Open Letter to the Teachers of NJ" October, 2009

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Still Running Against Corzine

Classy:


Gov. Christie does his best Corzine imitation


Am I crazy, or were there many, many conservatives who thought Barack Obama was just horrible in the way he kept blaming George W Bush for the country's problems?

And now, this is their new idol?

By the way: do I have to shoot down the canard that Christie balanced the budget without raising taxes?

4 comments:

deciminyan said...

Tragically, I've seen stand-up comics who are less funny than the guv.

Duke said...

I have to admit, his timing's not bad.

There is no doubt that he has some serious retail politics chops. Crowds of the right ilk love him. He knows how to play them pretty well.

Which is why he's so dangerous.

thinker said...

Duke, for once I disagree. I believe that he would get slapped down in a national election because he is far too moderate for the right...I can hardly believe I said those words. I also don't believe the the American public outside of NJ will take well to his "my way or the highway" governance style. Finally, something tells me there are probably some nasty skeletons in this guy's closet just waiting to surface. Wishful thinking? Maybe I'm naive.

Duke said...

He can be dangerous and not be a national candidate. In fact, I would think he'd be very effective as a running mate: all of Dick Cheney's cold heart but dressed up in some fake "jersey Shore"-like populism.

He's taken center stage for the party very, very quickly. I'm telling you - watch out.

And that's why we need to document what he's really up to right now - when he goes national, there needs to be a record of his failures.