I will protect your pensions. Nothing about your pension is going to change when I am governor. - Chris Christie, "An Open Letter to the Teachers of NJ" October, 2009

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Funny

Maybe you don't read Leonie Haimson's blog because you don't live in NYC. Too bad, because you're missing out on some real gems, like this:
CM Jumaane Williams pointed out the conflict in Walcott’s claim that the DOE would not allow services to kids to degrade, while radically increasing class sizes. He asked about an 80% increase in IT and computer contracts. Charles Barron said that there was a “revenue deficit” not a budget deficit, and suggested that the city could raise funds easily: just “stop and frisk white men on Wall Street to see if they had any toxic derivatives” in their pockets. Barron suggested that Walcott should ask the mayor to stop the layoffs: “"When you all go to lunch or breakfast or caviar at his mansion or whatever you do, I think it's important to influence him.”
Reminds me of this:




According to Megyn Kelly, teachers should make less than Wall St. bankers because we have summers off. I agree: I should be paid 5/6 the salary I could be making at Goldman-Sachs. I'll deal with it somehow...

No comments: