I will protect your pensions. Nothing about your pension is going to change when I am governor. - Chris Christie, "An Open Letter to the Teachers of NJ" October, 2009

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Hey, my first blogroll!

I feel like Phil Mickelson!

And from the always excellent Hopeful at Blue Jersey, no less!

Note to self: I dunno, this blog isn't going quite the way I thought it would. I sort of thought I maybe I should be a later day Nat Hentoff, without all the crazy. A little jazz, a little liberal bomb-throwing, a gentle post about hefeweizen now and then...

But this Christie stuff is making me nuts. Eight years of Bush, and just when we finally get rid of the guy, we get his avatar in Trenton. It's playing out exactly the same: the lying, the arrogance the incompetence, the rewriting of history.

It's a bad time everywhere, but it's especially bad in NJ. This guy is turning out to represent the very worst of our political system. If we can ever have hope, it has to come from his defeat.

So let's keep it up, then.

No comments: