I will protect your pensions. Nothing about your pension is going to change when I am governor. - Chris Christie, "An Open Letter to the Teachers of NJ" October, 2009

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Don't go there - Part II

I obviously don't like Chris Christie as a governor. I also don't care for him as a man. I think he's a proven liar, a bully, and incompetent.

But let's not go here:
Gov. Chris Christie enrolls his four children in two private Catholic schools in Morris County, a personal choice that some say has public policy implications amid steep state aid cuts to public education. 
A spokesman for the New Jersey Education Association, locked in a public feud with Christie over his call for a teacher pay freeze among other disputes, said it undermines the governor's repeated assertions of "shared sacrifices'' in regard to school layoffs and program reductions.  
"Kids are going to pay the price for this governor's policies, and his children won't,'' NJEA communications director Stephen K. Wollmer said.
 No. No, no, no.

Where the man sends his kids is none of your business, nor of mine. I don't like it when politicians use their own kids as political props, but I like it even less when people other than their parents drag them into a policy fight.

Let this one go. We've got enough ammo against this guy as it is. After all...
Its the "new" math.

No comments: