I will protect your pensions. Nothing about your pension is going to change when I am governor. - Chris Christie, "An Open Letter to the Teachers of NJ" October, 2009

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Diane Ravitch - Bruce Baker Tag Team Action!

She quotes the good professor and nails what the VAM argument is really about:



"In my heart of hearts, I must confess to you that I believe this whole issue of teacher evaluation is a red herring. It's a diversion that's intended to take our glance away from the poverty and racial isolation in which so many students live. It salves the conscience of the billionaire boys club, and enables them to blame hard-working teachers for the poverty and inequality that mars our society and hurts children."

Cha-ching.

1 comment:

thinker said...

Whoa...that's a mouthful!