I will protect your pensions. Nothing about your pension is going to change when I am governor. - Chris Christie, "An Open Letter to the Teachers of NJ" October, 2009

Friday, October 1, 2010

NJEA Loser Mentality Strikes Again

You have got to be f*&!ing kidding me:
(Morristown) – October 1st, 2010 – On Friday, the New Jersey Education Association’s 125-member political action committee voted to endorse Douglas Herbert for Congress in New Jersey’s Eleventh Congressional District. Douglas Herbert is the only New Jersey Congressional challenger that they chose to endorse. 
Don't get me wrong - I'm all for Herbert's candidacy, and I think he'd be far, far better than Little Lord Frelinghuysen, who is such a "moderate" that he voted to impeach Bill Clinton.

No, my issue - once again - is how the NJEA can get behind Herbert but can't muster up support for the clearly superior candidate in NJ-7, Ed Potosnak - a TEACHER in the district!!!
Barbara Keshishian, the NJEA President, said, “Each of our endorsed candidates has distinguished himself or herself by advocating for great public schools, public school employees, and for the 1.4 million New Jersey schoolchildren our members educate.”
Yeah, and the one you DIDN'T endorse actually teaches those kids!

Honestly, Barbara - what the hell? Potosnak's opponent, Leonard Lance, said teaching jobs saved by the recent federal funds were "negligible." Are you OK with this?

I met Ed last month, and he is a great person and will be a great congressman. Get your act together, NJEA, and get behind this guy.


ADDING: Just to be clear: I say "Again" in the title because the NJEA has a history of doing this in NJ-7. Twice they passed over Linda Stender, a real friend to teachers, and remained neutral in her races against Mike Ferguson and Leonard Lance. In her second race, there was no incumbent. Why the NJEA refuses to take the fight to NJ-7 is beyond me.

No comments: