I will protect your pensions. Nothing about your pension is going to change when I am governor. - Chris Christie, "An Open Letter to the Teachers of NJ" October, 2009

Thursday, November 28, 2013

Thank You

I love this song by John Mellencamp, someone who I think sometimes doesn't always get his due. IMHO, he's an important musician and an even more important songwriter.



And it's great to think about all those who serve and keep us safe on a day like today. God bless them all.

As for me: thanks to all of you for reading. Let's keep it going...

Let me say thank-you to those who love many
Let me say thank-you to those who still play fair
Hallelujah, the meek shall inherit
Let me say thank-you to all you people out there, out there
Let me say grace for those who don't feel they matter
May God look down on all the soldiers of this Earth
Trying to find peace in this world that house so many
Let me say grace for those who feel lost from birth, lost from birth
Let's give a smile for those who feel that they have nothing
Let me shake the hand of Johnny Doe out on the street
Let's give a wink for those girls who don't feel pretty
Let's find some water for those who need a drink, need a drink
And when I see so many broken and lonely
Soon to be entering Heaven's door
Let me count the ways
Let me count the blessings
That no man should feel lonely anymore
Let me say good luck to the people raising families
Let me say thank-you to the men who grow the bread
And here's to dreams of a bigger, brighter future
And that we all got someone to keep the stones from our bed
Let me say thank-you to those who love many
Let me say thank-you for those who still play fair
Hallelujah, the meek shall inherit
Let me say thank-you to all you folks out there
All you people out there

The Merit Pay Fairy says: "Save me dat drumstick!"

No comments: