I will protect your pensions. Nothing about your pension is going to change when I am governor. - Chris Christie, "An Open Letter to the Teachers of NJ" October, 2009

Sunday, November 3, 2013

Big NJ Education Event #1: Diane Ravitch at Princeton Nov. 4, 2013

As if we didn't have enough going on in NJ education news right now...

Diane Ravitch is coming to New Jersey tomorrow, Monday, November 4, 2013:
  • 4:00 PM: Community Forum: Open to all, Princeton High School 
The Princeton University webpage says the event is "free and open to the public," but I've been told you should call ahead - check the website. I don't think there are similar restrictions for the earlier event at PHS. I understand Diane will be autographing copies of Reign of Error, and books will be for sale.

I think all of you know by now that I just can't say enough about Diane and her work. She is one of my personal heroes: for her intellect, her bravery, and her apparently boundless energy. I'm planning on being at the earlier session: stop over and say: "Hi!"

Unless you're just going to yell at me...

New Jersey needs less of this...

...and more of this!

No comments: