I will protect your pensions. Nothing about your pension is going to change when I am governor. - Chris Christie, "An Open Letter to the Teachers of NJ" October, 2009

Sunday, November 10, 2013

Sunday Music: Pat Metheny, Song for Bilbao

I never thought this blog would turn out the way it did. I don't apologize for the tone I've taken - I thinks the times demand it - but I also think I need a little more joy around this dump.

Hold me to it, folks: every Sunday, let's just listen to some really good music. Pat Metheny, from 2002; one of my all time favorites from him is the version on Travels. On this version, Lyle Mays's piano/synth solo is just nuts. And Richard Bona? Crazy good.

Enjoy.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, thanks for that, Jazzman. I love that guitar synth thing that Metheny's doing.

Great idea about having a little more joy in our lives, and not just on Sundays.

Thanks for fighting the good fight, and keep the music playing!

Giuseppe said...

Here's another musical contribution: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBVaqrqb3bk

Duke said...

Thx LIJ. Yeah, I love that sythn stuff.

G, never really made the time for Cohen. Have to do so...

Anonymous said...

This is my first time i visit here. I found so much entertaining stuff in your blog, especially its discussion, I guess I am not the only one having all the enjoyment here! Keep up the good work.

Mixtapes