I will protect your pensions. Nothing about your pension is going to change when I am governor. - Chris Christie, "An Open Letter to the Teachers of NJ" October, 2009

Sunday, February 27, 2011

My 15 Minutes of Blogging Fame

Very nice of Dennis G at Balloon Juice to send so many folks my way (if you don't read this blog, shame on you). The original post was really the work of StopTheFreezeNJ, who did rhetorical battle with Christie; I just formatted it and added a dash of snark. STFNJ is the hub of anti-Christie/pro-teacher blogging here in the Garden State.

We are entering a very scary time; as Dennis put it:
Christie is still the Galtian “it” boy, but Scott Walker is fast on his heels. As the competition for head pats, kind words and warm smiles from their Galtian Overlords heats up, there will be a lot more of these kind of things to document—and fight.
They really are outdoing themselves in ways I wouldn't have imagined were possible a few years ago. Is it possible that you just can't overreach when implementing the Shock Doctrine? Lord, I hope not.

No comments: