I will protect your pensions. Nothing about your pension is going to change when I am governor. - Chris Christie, "An Open Letter to the Teachers of NJ" October, 2009

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Jazzman Extracurricular Activities

Let's get this out of the way:

This brief about One Newark -- the controversial plan to restructure the Newark Public Schools -- is coauthored by me. I am one of the authors of the brief. And I'm not Bruce Baker.

So there you have it. Frankly, I don't think it's a big deal... but it seems like some others do.

I have not been "anonymous" for a good long while; I am pseudonymous. There is a difference. I don't deny who I am, I don't try to hide who I am, and I don't lie when people ask me: "Are you Jersey Jazzman?"

I write under a pseudonym here because I really try to separate what I do on the blog with my top priority (aside from my family): teaching music in a New Jersey public school. It's my best attempt to separate those two worlds. But now I'm publishing policy work under my own name. I think it's only fair that you, my readers, know when I link to my own work.

Also: I'm going to be writing soon at some other venues. Readers there -- and here -- deserve to know that JJ is this other guy.

This blog continues under a pseudonym. Agree, disagree... I really don't care. The ideas speak for themselves.

Any questions? Good. Let's keep going...

No comments: