I will protect your pensions. Nothing about your pension is going to change when I am governor. - Chris Christie, "An Open Letter to the Teachers of NJ" October, 2009

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Sweet Home, Chicago

Via Fred Klonky; here's a video that breaks down the story of the impending - but, if Rahm Emanuel gets his head out of his you-know-what, completely avoidable - Chicago teachers strike.



I cannot tell you how immensely satisfying it is to see the insufferably smug Jonah Edelman eat his words, especially with trust fund baby and incompetent businessman James Crown sitting right next to him.

But the best part is the mom who explains that the working conditions for Chicago's teachers are the same as the learning conditions for Chicago's kids. The parents get it, even if Emanuel and the elites of Chicago remain clueless.

I don't think I've ever done this before, but I'm now going to presume to speak for all of my fellow teachers here in Jersey: brother and sister educators of Chicago, stay strong. We are with you all the way in this fight for your students, your families, and yourselves!

2 comments:

Deb said...

I echo that sentiment Duke, and with Karen Lewis leading the union, they will do everything possible to avoid the strike except roll over and play dead to the billionaires who do not care about the teachers, the students or the schools.

Duke said...

Let's hope, Deb.