I have wasted far too much time with trolls lately. Maybe it's a sign of this blog's growth that I now have at least one full-time, dedicated troll stalking me here and at Blue Jersey who is quite conversant in reformy vocabulary.
I don't have a problem with tough arguments against me. I will admit, for example, that a troll did catch me once saying something dumb. Good for her or him. Good for me, too, because I need to keep on my toes.
So I've been very tolerant... but enough is enough. Here are the rules:
1) Racist, homophobic, anti-Semetic, misogynistic, etc. language will not be tolerated here.
2) If you say or imply that I am a racist, homophobe, anti-Semite, sexist, etc., you're gone.
3) Make your point and move on. If it's a dumb point, I'll keep it up, but I won't allow you to make it over and over again.
4) Do not twist my words. If you post, "Jazzman, you said this!" and I didn't say it, it's coming down. I don't have time to argue with you when you are willingly misreading me. I write in plain English; if you can't understand what I'm saying, that's your fault, not mine.
5) It's my blog, and I retain the right to ban you whenever I feel you have habitually broken the rules above. If you don't like these policies, get your own blog.
I have no obligation to provide anyone with a forum to be a troll.
OK, what's next? Oh, yes...
ADDING: Comments now require OpenID or a Google account. Didn't really know much about OpenID before, but it seems like a good system. If Facebook pages and nj.com require registration, it seems I should as well.