I will protect your pensions. Nothing about your pension is going to change when I am governor. - Chris Christie, "An Open Letter to the Teachers of NJ" October, 2009

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Sunday Music Blogging

In an effort to not be such a snarky old bastard all the time, let's try to do a little music blogging every Sunday, shall we?

I'm just finishing a big band piece for a high school. A lot of times, when I write something, I think, "I want to do this piece I like, but recomposed my way." Like about 10,000 artists have said, "Good composers borrow; great composers steal."

I may not be great, but I have good taste. So when I steal, I steal from the best. Here's what I had in mind when I was composing; I wish I knew who the arranger is. Enjoy.

1 comment:

Marie said...

Duke, your taste is impeccable! Brecker Brothers were smokin'! Would love to hear your students perform this.