I will protect your pensions. Nothing about your pension is going to change when I am governor. - Chris Christie, "An Open Letter to the Teachers of NJ" October, 2009

Friday, November 11, 2011

A Star Is Born

Obviously I'm disappointed that Marie Corfield lost her race for the NJ Assembly; we've lost a chance to have a voice for those of us who care about education at a time when we really could use it.

Considering the gerrymandering going on (and not just in Jersey, but in statehouses everywhere), Corfield did incredibly well. I know losing after such hard work is disspiriting, but she and her running mates should be proud of their showing.

And I don't think this is the end for Marie Corfield:



We need more teacher-candidates like this woman, and she needs to stay in the fight somehow; she's too gifted a politician to stay on the sidelines.

We're proud of you, Marie.

No comments: