I will protect your pensions. Nothing about your pension is going to change when I am governor. - Chris Christie, "An Open Letter to the Teachers of NJ" October, 2009

Sunday, September 11, 2011

"Education Industry"

I really don't want to upset Matthew Yglesias and indulge in a "generalized presumption that people who care about education have a hidden agenda." But then I get stuff like this in my email box:


I added the little red oval to make a point: did you know our schools are an "industry"? And that we should be discussing them as part of an "Economic Development Summit"?

Mr. Norcross is proposing that his health care network "provide services" for a new chain of charter schools across New Jersey. Talk about new markets...

Oh, I'm so sorry. Did I imply anything but the best of intentions for everyone involved? Terribly sorry. It's not like there's a history of this sort of thing...

ADDING: I'm the last one who should laugh at grammatical mistakes, but when you send out an invitation, you should know the difference between "it's" and "its." And these guys are going to tell us how to run our schools... (h/t Berdanette J over at Facebook)

4 comments:

Robert D. Skeels * rdsathene said...

They keep hoping that we miss when then make those lapses of honesty.

Their agenda isn't even all that hidden, but Yglesias' job is to provide cover for these vultures, so it's no wonder he used that phrase.

Unknown said...

I will go. It's very close to where I live. I will however, have too take tranquilizers. But I am willing to go. We need to form a group for this.

Unknown said...

To not too. Damned smart phones aren't very smart!

Duke said...

I'd love your report, Miss.

RDS, I like Yglesias, but I'm grow concerned you are right...